Sometimes you want to go where every body knows your name. And they’re always glad that you came…
Well it’s not EXACTly like this but the Hurricane Grill Marinaside is the pub that me and Dam go to get a pint of beer. Our previous place was a block away and now it’s like three blocks away since the move but still a walk along the seawall is nice.
I am not much of a drinker (which comes as a surprise to many people that I had met in the past because I am Korean AND an engineer). I have a very low alcohol tolerance especially with beer and red wine. Anyways, Dam wanted to have a couple of pints so we walked to the Hurricane Grill.
So it’s not quite like the Cheers but we walk in and they know which table we want to be sitting. Sometimes the table (it’s actually a bar table in the lounge area) is occupied then the hostess asks us which table we would rather sit.
Anyhow, we got a booth in the dining area and I had a veggie burger and Dam just had pints of 1516.
The veggie burger that I had was ok – quite basic but the french fries were nice. For $10.99 these days, you don’t get much for these types of restaurants.
If you go to the Hurricane Grill for food, I suggest the following items:
- Steak salad (The Grill Salad)
- Halibut soft tacos
- Taste: 3/5 (The burger was average but their steak salad and some other dishes are quite good )
- Value: 3.5/5 (But you are paying for the location. 🙂 )
- Convenience: 4/5 (close to a sky train station but parking is difficult – although there are meters…)
- Atmosphere: 4/5 (inside is ok but it’s got nice view of the marina and their patio in the summer is really good)
- Staff: Friendly and adequate
- Overall: 4/5 (for me but for others probably 3/5) – it’s an average pub but because it’s in my neighbourhood, I would continue to go there.
Other blog postings on the Hurricane Grill at Marinaside can be found at:
- MePlusFood – the Steak Salad is reviewed here. 🙂